Wednesday, September 14, 2011

NO! No way, No thanks, Not now, NO NO NO!

Nope, I'm not yelling at my kids!  If you're an overcommiter, people pleaser like me, these are the hardest phrases to say!  I discovered recently (after agreeing to do something I didn't want to do) that I can't say no.  Since I say yes all the time (or some form of yes- sure, I suppose, I guess, no problem)  I get asked to do things all the time.  Along the way of pleasing others, I found that I don't do things for me.  If you aren't taking time to do the things you enjoy, you will get burned out and become miserable.  I found a great book called How To Say No Without Feeling Guilty by Patti Breitman and Connie Hatch.  It's ok to say no sometimes!  It's ok to not want to do something!  If you're too busy, life will pass you by and by the time you notice, it will be too late.  Stop to smell the roses or if you don't want to say, "No, thanks!"

                                                     

No comments: