Saturday, September 24, 2011

Thank you Picasso!

I can see the writing on the walls!  And the desk..... and the door... and the table....

For some reason Matthew, who is 6, still draws all over everything. Isn't this something that supposed to happen during the terrible 2s?   Every week or so I find a new scribble or drawing pop up.  Today, him and I spent an hour scrubbing the walls in his room.  But I may have a solution thanks to Picasso!
While we were studying about Picasso, we read a book about Picasso as a kid.  Apparently, he was a pretty naughty kid- always drawing on everything, painting on his sister, and carving pictures in the living room walls.  His dad was a painter and thought that little Pablo just needed a creative outlet.  So his dad handed over all of his paints, brushes, paper, canvases, everything he had to create art with.  Picasso began painting and painting and stopped driving his mother crazy!  
This week (after the walls are scrubbed)  I'm going to cover Matthew's bedroom walls in paper and velcro crayons to the paper.  Now he'll be able to draw all he wants and not get into trouble!  I'm also going to paint his school desk white and let him have at it!  When the desk gets too full I can paint it again. It worked for Picasso's parents, hopefully it will work for us too!  And maybe, we'll have a famous artist someday.  Who knows?

No comments: